Terms of Business
Thank you for entrusting the care and attention of your horse to Waterlane Equine Vets. Please find below our Practice Terms and Conditions. If you require any further clarification please do not hesitate to contact us on 01452 770268.
Updated September 2018.
- All fees including drugs, consumables, professional time and materials used are subject to VAT at the current rate
- An invoice will be provided detailing the professional work undertaken and all drugs, consumables and materials used
Methods of Payment
- Accounts can be settled by cash, cheque (payable to Waterlane Equine Vets), credit/debit card or BACS (sort code 30-98-29, account number 58814060)
- Card details may be stored securely on file but will not be used for future payments without your prior permission
- Payment is due within 14 days from the date of the invoice
- Pre-booked, routine appointments may be subject to a £30 visit fee which is deductible if settlement of the remainder of the invoice is made within 14 days of the invoice date. This is a ‘prompt payment discount’ incentive. If the invoice is not paid within 14 days then the £30 fee will become payable
- Any account which is more than 30 days overdue will be subject to a late payment fee of £30. In addition to this, interest will be charged at 8% per calendar month
- We may be unable to supply goods or services to any account that falls into arrears until the account has been settled in full
- Continual late payment may result in you being required to pay for future treatment on the day
- After due notice to you, the client, overdue accounts will be referred to our debt collection agency for recovery. Any further charges in respect of administration fees incurred in collecting the debt will be added to the client’s account for payment
- Any cheque returned to our bank as unpaid will result in the original account being restored to the original sum with further charges added in respect of bank charges and administration costs together with interest on the principle sum
- It is your responsibility to settle your account then reclaim the fees from your insurance company; however, in certain circumstances we may agree to wait and receive reimbursement directly from your insurance company
- Please ensure the relevant, completed insurance forms are submitted along with payment of your excess, and any uninsured items, within 14 days of the invoice date
- We reserve the right to add an administration fee to your account for completion of claim forms
- We will provide your insurers with a copy of any documents they request, which may include veterinary reports and clinical history records
Ownership of Records
- Case records including radiographs and similar documents are the property of, and will be retained by, Waterlane Equine Vets. Copies with a summary of the history will be passed on request to another veterinary surgeon taking over the case
- At the client’s request, we will provide copies of any relevant clinical records. This does not include records that relate to the same animal but a different client
- We hope that you never have recourse to complain about the standard of service received from Waterlane Equine Vets. However, if you feel that there is something you wish to complain about, please direct your comments in the first instance to our practice manager, Laura Swinnerton, by phone, email or letter.