Updated November 2020
WHO ARE WE
Waterlane Equine Vets is an ambulatory practice serving Gloucestershire and North Wiltshire, treating horses, ponies and donkeys.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU
We obtain information about you when you register with the practice over the phone or using the registration form on our website. We may also obtain information from you via email or letter if you choose to communicate via these methods.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND WHY
We will collect information so that we can communicate with you effectively and arrange appointments to visit your animal. We may also send you useful information regarding upcoming client events, promotions or reminders about vaccinations or treatments that are due for your animal. You can choose how you would prefer to hear from us – email/letter/SMS – and you can update your details at any time should anything change. The details we will collect include the following:
- Name, address, email address, contact phone number(s)
- Your horse’s name, age, breed, colour, sex and stabling address
- Insurance provider’s details such as policy number and excess amount
- Payment details e.g. debit or credit card details. This information will not be stored on file
Your contact details may be used for legitimate interest purposes. We may also wish to send you information about other services or events that may be of interest to you. We will only do this with your consent and you are free to opt out of marketing messages at any time by talking to a member of staff or using the ‘unsubscribe’ links within the marketing messages.
We will keep your data for as long as you are a client of the practice and thereafter for as long as is required for us to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements including to HMRC and RCVS. You can request for your data to be deleted.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
In certain circumstances we may need to share your information to ensure we are able to provide you with some of our services or correspond with your insurance company. The data shared will only be the necessary data that is in relation to the specified purpose. Other circumstances in which your data may be shared include the following:
- Referral to another hospital or veterinary practice
- Laboratories or other testing facilities including ‘Care About Cushings’ scheme via Boehringer Ingelheim
- Animal cremation services
- Insurance claim processing
- Debt collection agencies
- Reminder services e.g. vaccination emails
KEEPING YOUR DATA SECURE
Your data is stored securely and access is limited to members with a genuine need to view the information. We will not sell your information to third parties. We may pass your information to third party service providers working on our behalf for the purposes of completing tacks and offering a service to you. We disclose only the information that is necessary to provide the service.
The General Data Protection Regulation grants all data subjects various rights, including:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to not receive direct marketing communications
- The right to erasure of your data
- You can request that we correct any errors in the data we hold about you
- You can request access to the Personal Information we hold about you
- You have the right to object
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
HOW TO CONTACT US
Waterlane Equine Vets
Telephone: 01452 770268
Our website uses ‘cookies’. Cookies are small pieces of information sent to your computer and stored on your hard drive. They collect statistical data about your browsing actions but do not identify you as an individual. You can turn off cookies by setting your browser preferences.